Big data security is a combination of all the measures of online stored information protection. It’s already used for online storage clouds. Reading this article, you will learn what such security provides and what dangers can lead to issues.
Benefits of Big Data Security
The protection of online stored data has become very important as nowadays the majority of enterprises replaced paper-based business deals and documents with the more convenient and fast digital version. That’s why there is a need for providing big data security. It combines every measure of cyber-security to create strong security for all files and information stored on online clouds. Besides, it analyzes issues and weak points of the current version of security.
Among the used security technologies are:
- Encryption of all stored data during transactions. It makes it much harder to steal or hack any information not depending on its state.
- Control of user permissions and access. It helps to manage a company more effectively as well as prevents leaks of information or spoiling the data.
- Centralized managing of all processes. Due to this feature, every action related to the data is available to the authorities who can notice if something goes wrong at the earliest stages.
- Detection of any intrusion. Working automatically, any attack can be detected and prevented immediately without even a need to fix it manually.
Most Common Risks for Big Data Security
The enormous volume of the data leads to a big number of threats. Big data security regularly improves to deal with all dangers successfully. It uses up-to-date technologies and researches reasons for possible problems.
Nevertheless, there is a list of some common issues for big data security:
- Fake information. It’s one of the hugest dangers as the suit may lead to many bad outcomes. For example, it can disrupt a long chain of multiple operations by providing wrong information. Consequently, the true and fake data would be mixed up.
- Multi-Cloud computing. It may cause a lot of problems as the amount of data used in such computing is pretty big as well as operations that need protection. Every time any file is transferred in or from the cloud, it’s necessary to provide a strong to such a process. The gigantic volume makes it very complex.
- Automatically data cleaning. The programmed function may not meet all the requirements and collect some unnecessary data or fail its tasks some other way. Also, data management staff who rely on automatically cleaning may miss preventing an opportunity for a hacker attack, so it’s important to check this process manually.
- Diversity of data. Many different data types require special protection, so if there are too many of them, it is pretty hard to secure them all. The same problem relates to a big number of devices that can access storage.
- Real-time tools. Working with the data within an online storage cloud may cause many issues as such operations burden it. Poorly optimized sites couldn’t handle such complex acts and lead to errors, bugs, and so forth.
- Unfair employees. Having access to much private information, some workers may steal important data and use it for their targets.